The duct system is responsible for spreading air around when you air condition or heat your home. This is why you want to make sure that the system is working properly, as you are paying money to feel comfortable and healthy in your home.
Over time, the air flowing through your ducts can loosen joints, wear out sections and cause disconnections. Most parts of your home’s air conditioning and heating system are designed to last for a long time, but eventually, they’ll need to be replaced. If you have flexible ducts that are over 10 to 15 years old, they will most likely need to be replaced. Air duct replacement corrects issues caused by failing ductwork, keeping your indoor air quality at a higher level.
Signs You Need Air Duct Replacement
- Not enough cooling or heating – your home isn’t getting enough cooling or heating
- Hot and cold areas – only certain parts of your home are getting cooling and heating
- Efficiency issues – a spike in energy usage without a corresponding increase in usage
- Noises – such as creaking, rumbling, rattling, or whistling.
Replacing or making improvements to your duct system can:
- Improve Comfort – Sealing and insulating ducts can help with common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in summer or too cold in the winter.
- Enhance Indoor Air Quality – Fumes from household and garden chemicals, insulation particles, and dust can enter your duct system, aggravating asthma and allergy problems.
- Promote Safety – With normal use, gas appliances such as water heaters, dryers, and furnaces release combustible gases (such as carbon monoxide) through the venting systems.
- Save Money!
When you do choose to replace your ducts, don’t forget to choose Summit Services Heating and Air, where we excel at providing premier service to our customers. If you’re in Hilton Head & Bluffton, SC or Savannah, GA, don’t hesitate to call us today so you can get our legendary services! We specialize in air sealing, insulation, ductwork, and more. You can also get in touch with us by visiting our contact page.